Monday, May 21, 2007

Altered book WIP



OK so I haven't really worked on it for a couple of weeks. I get involved in something else and the other project takes a back seat. However since this is a new blog I think I need to give it its place here also.
This is my first attempt at altered books and so I wanted to try different techniques to find my own style. I think the nicest page and suiting my style the best came out here:


I also really enjoy painting and collage together as well, I don't even know where it comes from and really don't start with a well formed idea in my head. It all came out in a creative burst. I'm not sure if that's good or bad or none of the above but it sure was fun... I guess that's the main thing and for me what art means to me. I don't so much want to "prove a point" or "be political" although I certainly was here with my statement about Jonathan Pollard.
I just want to make beautiful things that make people feel good and make me feel good and avoid the therapists chair. Oh and of course have fun while doing it.
Here is the cover with a piece of my hand dyed shibori silk:

No comments: