Thursday, June 14, 2007

WIP Still in Progress.......






Now I have added some seed beads, Satin stitch, Lazy Daisy, French Knot, and Cast-on.
I had some yellow oyster stitch but removed it because the color was too bright and it bothered me.
So what's next? I am going to continue with the cast on stitch (purple shades) toward the left side.
The satin stitch to the right in green was bothering me, I wasn't seeing that it was smooth, and also I used variegated thread so suddenly and unexpectedly there was light green. So What to do? I didn't want to pull it. I think something needs to be there. So I decided that by taking the same thread and making a basket weave or plaited stitch a more interesting area would come out of it.




Still having more doubts about the balance of the piece. I decided to head on over to TAST Challenge blog by Sharon B. Basically her stitch dictionary taught me everything I know. I never really embroidered at all and then became very inspired by what I was seeing by Ati, Gunnels, Katiejayinpa, fiberdabbler, and of course Sharon B's flickr page to name just a few. The week's stitch when I started was the french knot, which I knew but was happy to see lovely examples on the blog and various flickr friends. Inspired, I decided to use variegated thread in blues and greens and got to work. On the bus, late at night after the kids were in bed and a few quiet moments here and there, I stitched a ton of knots! But I never got bored, I think I'm really becoming addicted to this. But still a WIP because I am still making the knots.... we shall see what's next if anything. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Waltraud said...

I´m looking forward to the next photos!

Dy said...

I really like this piece. And thanks for posting your process of the background, it was very interesting to see how it evolved.

Gunnels blog said...

It´s look very good, Bina!
congratulations to your new blog. God luck!