Tuesday, June 26, 2007

WIP; TAST wk 25, Nocturnal landscape





This originally started out with a background of needle felted wool on a felted sweater scrap. (Such an economical way to learn). I liked the pattern of the needle felted wool, meandering strands fine lines and thicker colored areas, so I started by just going with it.


Stitching along the lines until a picture started to emerge. From this a tree emerged. (red area) Then from there I had an idea of what I wanted to happen. A work-in-process so still more to follow!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

I really like this piece - the movement and the colour. And I appreciate the hint about felting on a sweater scrap. I have a couple of accidentally washed sweaters that could have new life as I try to learn to felt! Thanks.

Ati. Norway. said...

I love what I see on your blog! So refreshing and colorful!
beautiful work.

Waltraud said...

A wonderful landscape, espically the stiches!

Sue B said...

This is very cool. Terrific colors in this piece.

Miriam said...

ArtChic,

you've been tagged! Please visit my blog for more details.