Sunday, December 23, 2007

With winter brings crochet!

I find crochet one of the most relaxing activities. I really feel a sense of accomplishment when I'm making something for my family to snuggle up on the sofa with or something for my own wardrobe.

As soon as the weather started to turn cold I felt the itch to start a project. I started looking through my patterns and found a few I wanted to do for the winter. So I started poking around my skein stash and found a lot of cream and off white basic acrylic yarn. The two projects I had were Aran Afghans which I love because they are complex texture and usually off white Aran colored yarn. This has been calling me for quite a while.

So looking through the stash on hand I have 6 off white from one company and 8 off white from another. Since mixing isn't preferable I decided to start with my six skeins and was planning to run out and buy the rest I needed. I just couldn't wait. So I started a popcorn ripple afghan and was having a great time with the popcorns.

Also I was quite happy with the way it was coming out. I can tell that as time goes I am becoming much better with my technique and consistency. So then the time came rather quickly that I ran out of yarn. What to do? Too late at night to run out to get more yarn, plus the amount I needed I had to order... (why didn't I do that to begin with??)

So I took out my 8 skeins (still not enough) and started another project from a Leisure Arts Aran afghan pamphlet. I started another project.

I ran out of yarn again! I didn't order the yarn I needed.
Now I have stared another, this time a shawl with six skeins of Lion Wool Ease, no pattern, I hope I make it through, stay tuned.

No comments: